- Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Internet connection
- Activation code for each unit
If you want to use a biometric (fingerprint) scanner, there are two makes of USB scanners that are compatible:
- Futronic FS88 (preferred)
- Digital Persona U4500/U5500 drivers
Staff can enroll all 10 fingers, however it is not recommended to enroll thumbs – because thumbs are so broad they are notoriously difficult to read. Manager-level approval is required to enroll new fingerprints.
- Not reading a finger
- Ensure the entire face of the finger is placed on the scanner. Start with the first knuckle on the edge and then lay your finger on the scanner glass screen.
- Ensure the finger isn’t too dry. Place the finger to be scanned between thumb and forefinger and gently rub once or twice.
- We recommend enrolling at least 2-3 fingers per staff member, if one finger is not being read correctly, they can try their other fingers too