The Colorado Restaurant Foundation in partnership with ZUUS Dynamic Scheduling awards scholarships to qualified students in foodservice/hospitality management programs. Applicants must have demonstrated strong interest in the foodservice/hospitality industry as evidenced through documentable work experience in the industry.
Note: Any applications which do not meet the following criteria or are not legible will be automatically disqualified.
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent resident
- You must plan to use the scholarship in a foodservice/hospitality related program at an accredited post-secondary institution/program
- You must be enrolled or plan to enroll as a part or full-time student taking a minimum of 9 credit hours each term
- You must plan to be enrolled for at least two upcoming consecutive semesters
- Have industry related work experience of at least six months
- Complete Application, electronically submit this form, indicating “N/A” (not applicable) when appropriate
Remit Additional Required Documentation Via Mail OR Email:
- An official transcript, from all colleges attended, sent directly to our office
- A Resume.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation on letterhead (at least one must be from a current or previous employer)
Colorado Restaurant Foundation
ATTN: Courtney Baylie
430 E. 7th Avenue
Denver, CO 80203-3600
Judges will score the following:
- Industry-related work experience and/or hospitality-related course work
- Contents of the letters of recommendation
- Essay questions on application (questions should be answered carefully and clearly in essay format)
- In-person interview
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Deadline, award announcement and payment timeline:
- April 1, 2018 – application and transcripts must be postmarked. No exceptions, please.
- May 8, 2018 – award recipients will be formally announced at annual Colorado Restaurant Foundation Scholarship event. Additional details will be provided at the time of award notification, but please make note of this date on your calendar. If you are a recipient, we request your attendance at this luncheon.
- Funds will be disbursed in two equal payments, the first half in September 2018 and the second half in January 2019 upon verification of your continued enrollment in a qualified program.